INTERVIEW WITH Noom Nattanit #outsidermagazine

Hi Outsiders!

Today we're back overseas with a special guest from Thailand.

A talented artist that was able to catch the audience attention with her role of Wan Viva in Blank The Series, from the homonym novel.
Follow us in this chat to learn more about her.

With us...Noom Nattanit!

As always, let’s give her a warm welcome and begin!

Let's start by talking about acting, how did it all started for you and is there anything else in your life that you're really passionate about?

As a kid, every time we had a school play, I would get really excited. I think that's where my love for acting started. During my school years, I was invited to participate in amateur shoots here and there through people I knew, and I really enjoyed it. Recently, I started doing professional acting work and pursuing professional training. It's been a fun ride.
Aside from acting, I'm very passionate about life. I love meditating, reading, and studying new concepts that empower me.

We recently saw you on Blank the Series as Dr.Wan Viva, can you tell us more about your experience on set, what is was like to work with your cast mates and what has been your favorite memory during filming? 

It was such a great experience. Everyone was very professional and, at the same time, super friendly. All my scenes were with P'Faye, a very seasoned actor, and we mostly shot only one take if there were no technical errors, as the scenes were pretty light and fun. As a newbie actor, I tried to keep up and ensure I didn't mess up in that one take. It was an excellent opportunity to refine my skills on set.

My favorite memory would probably be the first take of the first scene I did. I wasn't sure how I did, but afterwards, our CEO, P'Wan, came to me and said I looked really pretty on camera, which made me feel better about it. Haha.

As an actress, you've also acted in music videos, how that type of setting is different from being in a series and which one do you think is more challenging for you?

It's very different. While some music videos may require similar acting to series, the ones I've done so far have been fun and silly, requiring me to just go with the flow rather than doing extensive preparation. In contrast, acting in a series requires me to do more homework for the character, including supporting roles like Dr.Wan in Blank. There are so many ways you can interpret a character. Acting in series so far definitely challenges me more, but it's super fun.

Going back to talk about acting, is there any other actors or actresses, artists in general that might have inspired you in your career and that you consider role model?

The first person that comes to mind is Sandra Bullock. I love her and think she does comedy like no one else. Aside from that, I don't have a specific person I consider my role model. Instead, when I book a job in a specific genre, I watch films in that genre to observe, learn, and get my inspiration going.

Thinking about series, movies (even animated ones), is there any characters that you would have liked to play or you really relate to?

I don't relate to her, but I would love to play Regina George in Mean Girls! It's such an iconic role. Other than that, I'm obsessed with old-school rom-coms in general. My dream would be to play a role in a 2000s rom-com film.

You've traveled a lot and we saw that you've also been to Italy in the past, what was the thing that you liked the most about it, would you like to come back and visit more or would like to have a project somehow related to our country in the future?

The food and the scenery! I actually love everything about Italy; it's one of my favorite places I've traveled to, for sure! The energy in the summer—I miss it so much! I will definitely go back, it's on my bucket list. If I ever have a project in or related to Italy, I would be so incredibly grateful.

Last but not least, our brand question based on the name of our site, which is Outsider.
We view that as being out of the ordinary and being unique in the best way so, what do you think can make you an outsider as artist and in life?

Wow, I'm not sure how to answer this question, haha. It's a very good question. I definitely think everyone is unique and beautiful in their own ways. I'll answer with what I love most about myself that I think might be unique, which is probably my attitude towards life. I view my life as one big experiment where I get to try new things, have new experiences, and learn from the journey. This allows me to not take my failures, or successes, too seriously—or at least, I do my best to approach it that way.

A special thanks to Nattanit for being with us. Go see her in Blank The Series as Dr Wan Viva and don't forget to follow her on her official platforms, if you haven’t yet!

IG & TikTok: @nattanit_
@nanananattanitss
IG, TikTok & X: @outsidermagazine_ 
@outsidermagazine 
@outsidermags

ITALIAN VERSION 

Ciao a tutti Outsiders!

Oggi torniamo un'altra volta oltreoceano con un'ospite speciale dalla Tailandia.

Un'attrice di talento che è stata capace di attirare l'attenzione del pubblico con il suo ruolo di Wan Viva nella serie Blank, dall'omonima novel.
Seguiteci in questa chiacchierata per scoprire più su di lei.

Con noi...Noom Nattanit!

Come sempre, diamole un caloroso benvenuto e cominciamo!

Iniziamo parlando di recitazione, com'è iniziato tutto per te e c'è qualcos'altro nella tua vita che ti appassiona davvero?

Da bambina, ogni volta che c'era una recita scolastica, mi entusiasmavo molto. Penso sia così che è nato il mio amore per la recitazione. Durante i miei anni scolastici, sono stata invitata a partecipare a riprese amatoriali qua e là attraverso persone che conoscevo, e mi è piaciuto molto. 
Recentemente, ho iniziato a fare il lavoro di recitazione professionale e perseguire la formazione professionale. È stato un percorso divertente.
Oltre a recitare, sono molto appassionata della vita. Amo meditare, leggere e studiare nuovi concetti che mi rafforzano.

Ti abbiamo visto recentemente in Blank The Series come Dr.Wan Viva, puoi raccontarci di più sulla tua esperienza sul set, com'è stato lavorare con i tuoi compagni di cast e qual'è stato il tuo ricordo preferito durante le riprese?

È stata un'esperienza fantastica. Sono stati tutti molto professionali e, allo stesso tempo, super cordiali. Tutte le mie scene erano con P’Faye, un'attrice molto esperta, e per lo più giravamo solo una ripresa se non c'erano errori tecnici, perché le scene erano abbastanza leggere e divertenti. In quanto attrice principiante, ho cercato di stare al passo e assicurarmi di non fare casini in quell'unica ripresa. È stata un'ottima occasione per affinare le mie abilità sul set.

Il mio ricordo preferito sarebbe probabilmente la prima ripresa della prima scena che ho fatto. Non ero sicura di come fosse andata, ma dopo, la nostra CEO, P'Wan, è venuta da me e ha detto che rendevo molto bene in camera, il che mi ha fatto sentire meglio a riguardo. Haha.

Come attrice, hai anche recitato in video musicali, come questo tipo di ambientazione si differenzia dall'essere in una serie e quale pensi sia più impegnativo per te?

È molto diverso. Mentre alcuni video musicali possono richiedere una recitazione simile ad una serie, quelli che ho fatto finora sono stati divertenti e leggeri, richiedendo da parte mia solo di seguire il flusso piuttosto che effettuare una preparazione più estesa. Al contrario, recitare in una serie mi richiede di fare più preparazione per il personaggio, compresi ruoli di supporto come Dr.Wan in Blank. Ci sono così tanti modi per interpretare un personaggio. Recitare in una serie finora è sicuramente più una sfida, ma è super divertente.

Tornando a parlare di recitazione, ci sono altri attori o attrici, artisti in generale che ti hanno ispirato nella tua carriera e che consideri dei modelli da seguire?

La prima persona che mi viene in mente è Sandra Bullock. La amo e penso che faccia commedia come nessun altro. Invece, quando riesco ad ottenere lavoro in un genere specifico, guardo film di quel genere per osservare, imparare e cercare ispirazione.

Pensando a serie, film (anche d'animazione), ci sono dei personaggi che ti sarebbero piaciuti interpretare o a cui ti senti legata?

Non mi sento legata a lei, ma mi piacerebbe interpretare Regina George in Mean Girls! È un ruolo così iconico. Oltre a questo, sono ossessionata dalle vecchie rom-com in generale. Il mio sogno sarebbe quello di interpretare un ruolo in un film rom-com del 2000.

Hai viaggiato molto e abbiamo visto che sei stata anche in Italia in passato, qual è stata la cosa che ti è piaciuta di più, vorresti tornare a visitare ancora o ti piacerebbe avere un progetto in qualche modo legato al nostro paese in futuro?

Il cibo e lo scenario! In realtà amo tutto dell'Italia; è uno dei miei posti preferiti che ho visitato, di sicuro! L'energia in estate—mi manca così tanto! Tornerò sicuramente, è sulla mia lista dei desideri. Se avessi un progetto in o legato all'Italia, ne sarei incredibilmente grata.

Ultima, ma non per importanza, la nostra domanda di rito basata sul nome del nostro sito, Outsider. Lo consideriamo come essere fuori dall'ordinario e unico nel miglior modo possibile quindi, cosa pensi ti renda un'outsider come artista e nella vita?

Wow, non sono sicura di come rispondere a questa domanda, haha. È un'ottima domanda. Penso sicuramente che ognuno sia unico e bello a modo suo. Risponderò con ciò che amo di più in me stessa e che penso possa essere unico, che è probabilmente il mio atteggiamento verso la vita. Vedo la mia vita come un grande esperimento in cui posso provare cose nuove, avere nuove esperienze ed imparare dal percorso. Questo mi permette di non prendere i miei fallimenti, o successi, troppo seriamente—o almeno, faccio del mio meglio per affrontarlo in quel modo.

Un grazie speciale a Nattanit per essere stata con noi. Andate a vederla in Blank The Series nel ruolo della dottoressa Wan Viva e seguirla sulle sue piattaforme ufficiali, se ancora non l'avete fatto!

IG & TikTok: @nattanit_
@nanananattanitss

IG, TikTok & X: @outsidermagazine_ 
@outsidermagazine 
@outsidermags