INTERVIEW WITH EMPRESS #outsidermagazine


Hi Outsiders!

Today we fly overseas again with special guests from Thailand.

An all-female group that has distinguished itself with their expression of female empowerment.
A concentrate of talent...talent that has led them to great success with their debut single, BLAH BLAH BLAH.
The 6-member group (NATT, JACKPOT, TAWAN, TONKHAO, BELLE and CARYS) is back with their new song TooL8. A single that has given them the opportunity to show their skills in a totally different key from the previous one, always keeping girl power as their main theme.

With us...EMPRESS!


As always, let’s give them a warm welcome and begin!

Let's start by a simple question, how did your passion for music started and what is your first memory related to it?

NATT: I started singing when I was 2 years old. I loved performing in front of audiences and always felt happy learning different styles of music. I decided to study music at university to further develop my skills and pursue my dream of becoming an artist.

JACKPOT: I can't remember the exact moment I got into music, but my mom told me that from a very young age, whenever I heard a song, I would always dance to it and even remember the melody and lyrics. My mom soon realized how much I loved music, so she enrolled me in music classes.

TONKHAO: I've been learning to dance since I was a child, so I've always had dreams about it. I love the feeling of being on stage and hearing the cheers from the crowd.

TAWAN: Since I was a child, I've enjoyed dancing. My teacher invited me to participate in a singing and dancing competition, which made me realize that I not only enjoy dancing but also have a passion for singing.

BELLE: I've loved dancing and performing ever since I was young. I've always had this drive to improve and skill up, you know? What I love the most is seeing the crowd happy and enjoying my performance. It just fuels me.

CARYS: When I was a kid, I liked to sing and dance in front of the mirror—even in the shower. Later, I participated in numerous competitions, trying to pursue my dreams.


Thinking about your latest single 'Too L8', how do you think you improved from your debut 'BLAH BLAH BLAH'? 

NATT: "Too L8" involves a lot more vocal techniques and demands careful attention to detail compared to "BLAH BLAH BLAH".

JACKPOT: First, there is the confidence. I know more about who I am and how I want to represent the song. I'm not sure if it's true, but I think my overall skills are improving, and I will keep it up with every release.

TONKHAO: A lot, both in terms of work and relationships. We understand each other better and have grown closer. Also, "Too L8" shows a new side of us that's different from our first song.

TAWAN: I've made progress in all aspects—singing, dancing, and acting. As a result, I feel more confident in myself.

BELLE: I'd say one of the most remarkable things is how everyone has really stepped up their game and shown off their individual talents in this single. With 'BLAH BLAH BLAH', I didn't get to sing as much, but in 'Too L8', I've got more rap parts. Plus, some of us are hitting high notes that we didn't get to show before. We've also switched up our style—this one's a bit more girly compared to our debut.

CARYS: A lot! I now have more confidence and showcase my abilities to everyone. My skills at work have improved significantly compared to our first single, and our team's relationships are much better. We know each other well, understand one another, and all strive to demonstrate our potential.


The 2 tracks are really different from each other but with a common factor between them, which is your expression of female empowerment...always keeping that artistic line, what other styles would you like to explore in the future?

NATT: Personally, I am particularly interested in writing ballads.

JACKPOT: "Blah Blah Blah" and "Too L8" might seem really different from each other, but what they have in common is the context that we want to empower girls about how independent we are and that we do have options. There are a lot of toxic relationships nowadays, and we don't have to deal with them; we should just choose what is good for ourselves and set ourselves as our first priority. The style I would love to try in the future would be something more feminine—maybe a slower song, more vocals, and a little bit sexy, hehe.

TONKHAO: Actually, I’d like to see what it would be like if we were heartbroken or showed a more vulnerable side because I believe that people aren't always strong. That’s why I’d love to see "Empress" from a different perspective.

TAWAN: I want to try performing a dramatic song, perhaps a slow one.

BELLE: I would like to explore slower songs that emphasize vocals more.

CARYS: Yes, our styles are very different, but they reveal another side of us. In the future, I'd love to showcase our singing abilities—perhaps a slower song with a sexy attitude or even a rap song!

Related to this, if you had to think about who are the best expression of female empowerment in the music industry, which are your role models in terms of girl groups or female soloists?

NATT: Beyoncé, Jennet Jackson, Lady gaga, CL (2NE1)

JACKPOT: I would love to mention Kim Taeyeon, because she is my idol, both as a soloist and as a member of a girl group (Girls' Generation). Her journey as an artist wasn't easy, and she put a lot of effort into it. Her songs are incredibly wonderful, and the way this tiny girl can control her audience in such a huge arena is really top-tier! 

TONKHAO: Britney Spears, Beyoncé, Violette Wautier

TAWAN: Beyoncé

BELLE: LISA, (G)I-DLE, Lady Gaga

CARYS: Doja cat, Victoria Monét, Beyoncé, Kehlani


Now going back to your song 'Too L8' but concentrating on the title itself as in being too late for something, if you had to think about a moment in your life where you've been too late to do the right thing and being able to go back in time and fix everything, what would you say to yourself in that situation?

NATT: I often find myself lacking the confidence to express my feelings to the person I like, and I tend to let time slip away. If I could go back and fix that, I would tell myself to seize the moment and be more open about my emotions.

JACKPOT: I have actually been going through a lot of auditions and competitions in order to become a singer. I have failed several times and also missed a lot of opportunities. I often make "too late" decisions, and those opportunities have already flown away. But if I have a chance to go back, I would tell myself that your right timing isn't here yet. It's okay that you missed those opportunities because one day you're going to be an "Empress," and it's going to feel really right to you.

TONKHAO: I wish I had more confidence so that I wouldn't have missed out on so many opportunities.

TAWAN: I would like to go back and spend time with my family.

BELLE: If I could go back, I’d tell myself to step out of my comfort zone during my exchange in Spain. I was there for nine months, but I only stuck with the Thai group and didn’t push myself to speak Spanish. I missed out on really learning the language like I should have.

CARYS: As for fixing things, I might not change anything hahaha because everything from the past has shaped who I am today. However, if I had to choose, I’d hurry and take dance lessons or attend a dance class. It’s never "Too L8" to learn, right?


If you had to describe your group dynamic and working with each other in 3 words, what would they be?

NATT: Chaotic, loud, feminine

JACKPOT: Chaotic, powerful, determined

TONKHAO: Chaotic, team-work, crazy

TAWAN: Chaotic, loud, energetic

BELLE: Team-work, growing, weirdo

CARYS: Crazy, powerful, team-work 


We previously mentioned your debut song 'BLAH BLAH BLAH', did you expect all the success it had and what would you like to say to your fans that have been supporting you since then?

NATT: Please continue to support us, and let's achieve success together.

JACKPOT: No, of course not. "Blah Blah Blah" was beyond our expectations. We didn't imagine it would go this far, and knowing that people from across the world are listening to it is totally insane! I would love to say that I'm very thankful for all the love we have received from our fans. Thank you for listening to our song, dancing to our choreography, and supporting us from all around the world. Your love means so much to us, and I promise to keep improving myself and create a lot of good music for you guys in the future.

TONKHAO: I never expected our first song to receive so much attention. I'm very happy and deeply grateful. I want to thank everyone for their support, and I want you to stay tuned for our upcoming song in the future.

TAWAN: We didn’t expect there to be so many listeners, and we are incredibly happy. We’d like to express our gratitude to all the fans who have supported and loved us. Empress promises to continue doing our best for you in the future.

BELLE: Honestly, I never expected it to be that successful. I’m so grateful to everyone who supported us. It feels incredible to have received so much positive feedback. I just want to say thank you, and I hope you’ll keep following and supporting us. We’re always working on getting better, so stay tuned!

CARYS: I just want to express my heartfelt gratitude. It means a lot to me. I didn’t expect or even imagine this level of support from our international fans. Each one of you is an encouragement, and I’ll do my best to create great work for everyone to enjoy. Love you guys! xoxo

Last but not least, our brand question based on the name of our site, Outsider, as in being out of the ordinary and unique in the best way possible...what do you think can make you an outsiders as artists and in life?

NATT: Be yourself and inspire others.

JACKPOT: Be the best version of yourself and be positive, keep improving yourself and don't lose faith in what you love.

TONKHAO: Just be yourself.

TAWAN: Be yourself.

BELLE: For me, it’s all about confidence and showing who I really am. I don’t try to fit into anyone else’s mold. Whether it’s in my music or in my life, I believe being true to myself is what makes me stand out.

CARYS: Just be the best version of yourself! Never give up on your dreams, try your hardest and never be afraid of any opportunity that comes your way.

Thank you so much to EMPRESS and their staff for the availability and kindness, and for being with us.
Don't forget to check out their music and their new song "Too L8" on every streaming platform, watch the music video and participate to the dance challenge #empressTooL8, if you haven’t yet!

IG, TikTok & X: @empress.0fficial, @empress_0fficial, @EMPRESS_TH
@risingentertainment.official, @risingent.official, @rising__ent
IG, TikTok & X: @outsidermagazine_, @outsidermagazine, @outsidermags


ITALIAN VERSION 

Ciao a tutti Outsiders!

Oggi voliamo un'altra volta oltreoceano con delle ospiti speciali dalla Tailandia.

Un gruppo tutto al femminile che si è contraddistinto con la loro espressione di female empowerment.
Un concentrato di talento...talento che le ha portate ad avere un grandissimo successo con il loro singolo di debutto, BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Il gruppo formato da 6 membri (NATT, JACKPOT, TAWAN, TONKHAO, BELLE e CARYS) è tornato con il loro nuovo brano TooL8. Un singolo che ha dato loro modo di mostrare le loro capacità in una chiave totalmente diversa da quella precedente, mantenendo sempre come filo conduttore il girl power.

Con noi...le EMPRESS!

Come sempre, diamogli un caloroso benvenuto e cominciamo!

Cominciamo con una semplice domanda, come è nata la vostra passione per la musica e qual è il vostro primo ricordo legato ad essa?

NATT: Ho iniziato a cantare quando avevo 2 anni. Mi piaceva esibirmi davanti al pubblico e mi sentivo sempre felice di imparare diversi stili musicali. Ho deciso di studiare musica all'università per sviluppare ulteriormente le mie capacità e perseguire il mio sogno di diventare un'artista.

JACKPOT: Non ricordo il momento esatto in cui mi sono appassionata alla musica, ma mia mamma mi ha detto che fin da piccola, ogni volta che sentivo una canzone, ballavo sempre e ricordando anche la melodia e i testi. Mia madre si rese conto presto di quanto amassi la musica, così mi ha iscritto a delle lezioni.

TONKHAO: Ho imparato a ballare fin da bambina, quindi ho sempre sognato ciò. Amo la sensazione di essere sul palco e sentire gli applausi della folla.

TAWAN: Fin da bambina, mi piaceva ballare. Il mio insegnante mi ha invitato a partecipare ad un concorso di canto e ballo, che mi ha fatto capire che non solo mi piace ballare ma ho anche una passione per il canto.

BELLE: Mi è piaciuto ballare e cantare fin da giovane. Ho sempre avuto questa voglia di migliorare ed aumentare le mie capacità, sai? Quello che amo di più è vedere il pubblico felice e godersi la mia performance. Mi dà energia.

CARYS: Quando ero un bambina, mi piaceva cantare e ballare davanti allo specchio—anche nella doccia. In seguito, ho partecipato a numerose competizioni, cercando di perseguire i miei sogni.


Pensando a vostro ultimo singolo 'Too L8', come pensate di essere migliorate rispetto al vostro debutto 'BLAH BLAH BLAH'?

NATT: "Too L8" coinvolge molte più tecniche vocali e richiede un'attenta attenzione ai dettagli rispetto a "BLAH BLAH BLAH".

JACKPOT: Prima di tutto, c'è la fiducia. So più su chi sono e come voglio rappresentare la canzone. Non sono sicura che sia vero, ma penso che le mie abilità stiano migliorando e continuerò così con ogni rilascio.

TONKHAO: Molto, sia in termini di lavoro che relazioni. Ci capiamo meglio e ci siamo avvicinate. Inoltre, "Too L8" mostra un nuovo lato di noi che è diverso rispetto alla nostra prima canzone.

TAWAN: Ho fatto molto progressi sotto ogni aspetto—canto, ballo e recitazione. Di conseguenza, mi sento più sicura in me stessa.

BELLE: Direi che una delle cose più notevoli è come ognuno ha davvero intensificato il loro gioco e mostrato i loro talenti individuali in questo singolo. Con BLAH BLAH BLAH', non ho potuto cantare così tanto, ma in 'Too L8', ho avuto più parti rap. Inoltre, alcune di noi hanno cantato delle note alte che non siamo riuscite a mostrare prima. Abbiamo anche cambiato il nostro stile—questo è un po' più femminile rispetto al nostro debutto.

CARYS: Molto! Ora ho più fiducia e mostro le mie abilità a tutti. Le mie capacità sul lavoro sono migliorate in modo significativo rispetto al nostro primo singolo, e i rapporti della nostra squadra sono migliori. Ci conosciamo bene, ci capiamo a vicenda e tutte si sforzano nel dimostrare il nostro potenziale.

Le 2 tracce sono veramente diverse tra di loro ma con un fattore che le accomuna, che è la vostra espressione di female empowerment...sempre mantenendo quella linea artistica, quali altri stili vi piacerebbe esplorare in futuro?

NATT: Personalmente, sono particolarmente interessata nel scrivere ballads.

JACKPOT: "Blah Blah Blah" e "TooL8" possono sembrare molto diverse tra di loro, ma quello che hanno in comune è il contesto in cui vogliamo aiutare le ragazze a capire quanto siamo indipendenti e che abbiamo delle opzioni. Ci sono molte relazioni tossiche al giorno d'oggi, e non dobbiamo occuparcene; dovremmo solo scegliere ciò che è buono per noi stesse e metterci come priorità. Lo stile che mi piacerebbe provare in futuro sarebbe qualcosa di più femminile—magari una canzone più lenta, con più vocals e un po' sexy, hehe.

TONKHAO: In realtà, vorrei vedere come sarebbe se avessimo il cuore spezzato o mostrare un lato più vulnerabile perché credo che le persone non siano sempre forti. Ecco perché mi piacerebbe vedere le "Empress" da una prospettiva diversa.

TAWAN: Vorrei provare a cantare una canzone drammatica, magari una più lenta.

BELLE: Mi piacerebbe esplorare canzoni più lente che enfatizzino di più le voci.

CARYS: Sì, i nostri stili sono molto diversi, ma rivelano un altro lato di noi. In futuro, mi piacerebbe mostrare le nostre capacità canore—forse una canzone più lenta con un atteggiamento sexy o anche una canzone rap!

Legato a questo, se doveste pensare a chi è la miglior espressione di female empowerment nell'industria musicale, chi sono i vostri esempi in termini di gruppi femminili o soliste? 

NATT: Beyoncé, Jennet Jackson, Lady gaga, CL (2NE1)

JACKPOT: Mi piacerebbe menzionare Kim Taeyeon, perché è il mio idolo, sia come solista che come membro di un gruppo femminile (Girls' Generation). Il suo percorso come artista non è stato facile, ed ha faticato tanto. Le sue canzoni sono incredibilmente meravigliose, ed il modo in cui questa piccola ragazza riesce a controllare il suo pubblico in un'arena così grande è davvero di alto livello!

TONKHAO: Britney Spears, Beyoncé, Violette Wautier

TAWAN: Beyoncé

BELLE: LISA, (G)I-DLE, Lady Gaga

CARYS: Doja cat, Victoria Monét, Beyoncé, Kehlani


Tornando alla vostra canzone 'TooL8' ma concentrandoci sul titolo stesso nel senso di essere in ritardo per qualcosa, se doveste pensare ad un momento della vostra vita dove siete state in ritardo nel fare la cosa giusta ed essere in grado di tornare nel tempo e sistemare tutto, cosa direste a voi stesse in quella situazione?

NATT: Mi trovo spesso a corto di fiducia nell'esprimere i miei sentimenti alla persona che mi piace, e tendo a lasciare che il tempo svanisca. Se potessi tornare indietro e sistemare ciò, direi a me stessa di cogliere il momento ed essere più aperta nelle mie emozioni.

JACKPOT: In realtà ho fatto molte audizioni e competizioni per diventare una cantante. Ho fallito diverse volte ed ho perso anche molte opportunità. Prendo spesso decisioni "troppo tardi", e quelle opportunità sono già passate. Ma se avessi l'occasione di tornare indietro, direi a me stessa che il tuo tempo non è ancora arrivato. Va bene aver perso quelle opportunità perché un giorno sarai una "Empress", e ti sembrerà davvero giusto.

TONKHAO: Vorrei avere più fiducia in me stessa, in quel modo non avrei perso così tante opportunità.

TAWAN: Mi piacerebbe tornare indietro e passare del tempo con la mia famiglia.

BELLE: Se potessi tornare indietro, direi a me stessa di uscire dalla mia zona di conforto durante il mio scambio in Spagna. Sono stata lì per nove mesi, ma sono restata con il gruppo tailandese e non mi sono spinta nel parlare spagnolo. Ho perso l'opportunità di imparare davvero la lingua come avrei dovuto.

CARYS: Per quanto riguarda l'aggiustare le cose, potrei non cambiare nulla hahaha perché tutto dal passato ha plasmato chi sono oggi. Tuttavia, se dovessi scegliere, mi affretterei a prendere lezioni di danza o frequentare un corso. Non è mai "Too L8" per imparare, giusto? 

Se doveste descrivere la dinamica del vostro gruppo e il lavoro tra di voi in 3 parole, quali sarebbero?

NATT: Caotica, rumorosa, femminile

JACKPOT: Caotica, potente, determinata

TONKHAO: Caotica, lavoro di squadra, folle

TAWAN: Caotica, rumorosa, energetica

BELLE: Lavoro di squadra, crescita, bizzarra

CARYS: Pazza, potente, lavoro di squadra 


Abbiamo già accennato al vostro brano di debutto 'BLAH BLAH BLAH', vi aspettavate tutto il successo che ha avuto e cosa vorreste dire ai vostri fan che vi supportano da allora?

NATT: Perfavore continuate a sostenerci e raggiungiamo il successo insieme. 

JACKPOT: No, certo che no. "Blah Blah Blah" ha superato le nostre aspettative. Non ci saremmo immaginate sarebbe arrivata così lontano, e sapere che persone da tutto il mondo la sta ascoltando è totalmente folle! Mi piacerebbe dire che sono molto grata per tutto l'amore che abbiamo ricevuto dai nostri fan. Grazie per aver ascoltato la nostra canzone, ballato la nostra coreografia, e sostenerci da tutto il mondo. Il vostro amore significa molto per noi, e prometto di continuare a migliorare me stessa e creare tanta buona musica per voi in futuro.

TONKHAO: Non mi sarei mai aspettata che la nostra prima canzone ricevesse così tanta attenzione. Sono molto felice e profondamente grata. Voglio ringraziare tutti per il loro sostegno, e rimanete sintonizzati per la nostra prossima canzone in futuro.

TAWAN: Non ci aspettavamo così tanti ascoltatori, e siamo incredibilmente felici. Vorremmo esprimere la nostra gratitudine a tutti i fan che ci hanno sostenuto e amato. Le "Empress" promettono di continuare a fare del nostro meglio per voi in futuro.

BELLE: Onestamente, non mi aspettavo che riscuotesse così successo. Sono molto grata a tutti coloro che ci hanno sostenuto. È incredibile aver ricevuto così tanti feedback positivi. Voglio solo dire grazie, e spero che continuerete a seguirci e supportarci. Lavoriamo sempre per migliorare, quindi restate sintonizzati!

CARYS: Voglio solo esprimere la mia sincera gratitudine. Significa molto per me. Non mi aspettavo o nemmeno immaginavo questo livello di supporto dai nostri fan internazionali. Ognuno di voi è un incoraggiamento, e farò del mio meglio per creare del grande lavoro per tutti voi. Vi amo ragazzi! xoxo

Ultima ma non per importanza, la nostra domanda di rito basata sul nome del nostro sito, Outsider, ovvero essere fuori dall'ordinario e unici nel miglior modo possibile...cosa pensate vi renda delle outsider come artiste e nella vita?

NATT: Essere se stessi ed ispirare gli altri.

JACKPOT: Sii la migliore versione di te stesso e sii positivo, continua a migliorare te stesso e non perdere fiducia in ciò che ami.

TONKHAO: Just be yourself. Sii te stesso.

TAWAN: Essere te stesso.

BELLE: Per me, è tutto sulla fiducia e mostrare chi sono veramente. Non cerco di adattarmi a nessuno. Che sia nella mia musica o nella mia vita, credo che essere fedele a me stessa sia ciò che mi fa risaltare.

CARYS: Sii la versione migliore di te stesso! Non rinunciare mai ai tuoi sogni, fai del tuo meglio e non avere paura di qualsiasi opportunità che si presenta sulla tua strada.

Grazie mille alle EMPRESS e a tutto il loro staff per la disponibilità e gentilezza, e per essere state con noi. 
Non dimenticatevi di andare a sentire la loro musica e la loro nuova canzone TooL8, guardate il music video e partecipate alla dance challenge #empressTooL8, se ancora non lo avete fatto!

IG, TikTok & X: @empress.0fficial, @empress_0fficial, @EMPRESS_TH
@risingentertainment.official, @risingent.official, @rising__ent
IG, TikTok & X: @outsidermagazine_, @outsidermagazine, @outsidermags