English Version
Hello, Outsiders!
Today, we're back with a very special guests, in collaboration with our friends at KST!
This might already give you a pretty big hint about who we're talking about, because our guests are a group from South Korea.
After more than two years, they recently returned with their 4th mini album, UNCAPPED. This comeback feels especially meaningful, not only because of the long-awaited return, but also because of how much of the album reflects their own experiences, growth, and creativity.
What makes this new chapter even more special is the involvement of their fans, who had a hand in the creative process, from selecting the title track to helping decide the unit combinations. And, of course, the members played a major role in writing and composing the tracks, making this album feel very personal to the group.
The album itself carries such a powerful message - starting again from zero, breaking free from what has been holding you back, embracing each other's differences, and ultimately finding freedom in simply being yourself. It really feels like the title represents the group at this moment: unrestricted, unapologetic, and ready to show the world what they've become.
With us...OMEGA X!
Photo credit: IPQAs always, let's give them a warm welcome and enjoy the interview:
"UNCAPPED", your 4th mini-album, is a mix of different music genres that perfectly come together with OMEGA X's powerful style and signature sound: which track was the most satisfying to create, and why? What part of the creative process have you enjoyed the most for this comeback?
JAEHAN: I was most satisfied with "Cork" and "Life Detox". They were the easiest songs for me to work on, and I was really happy with how they turned out. More than anything, recording and working on them together with the members left me with a lot of great memories.
XEN: I'd have to say "Close to me", since it was created by the members who frequently compose music and turned out so well. It's the song I'm most satisfied with.
YECHAN: I had the most fun working on the title track. We created it from scratch after looking at the original title track candidates, and even when listening to the instrumental track without any vocals, I immediately thought, "This is OMEGA X".
The title UNCAPPED also suggests freedom and breaking through every limit. What does this word represent for you today, both as artists and as people?
HWICHAN: I think it carries the message that you can break free from the past and find happiness by living more freely.
KEVIN: To me, it's about breaking through the limits you've set for yourself. It means stepping beyond the boundaries you've placed on yourself and realizing that you can soar even higher.
This time, FOR X has been deeply involved in the creative process, with several members participating in the writing and production of the album’s tracks. What was the biggest challenge you faced while preparing for this comeback?
JAEHAN: We already had a fixed comeback date, so the biggest challenge was creating the final album within that deadline. Still, I'm really proud that we were able to deliver something we're truly satisfied with.
XEN: This comeback wasn't easy to make happen, so simply getting started was the hardest part. But I'm proud of us for overcoming those challenges and making it through together.
YECHAN: Since electronic music isn't a genre I'd worked with very often before, I made a conscious effort to explore and listen to a wide range of references throughout the process.
Your long-awaited comeback has brought huge excitement and joy to FOR X. What made this new mini-album the perfect release to mark your return in the industry after a two-year hiatus?
JAEHAN: After a two-year hiatus, we spent a lot of time thinking about what kind of album we wanted to make. Following countless discussions and meetings, this album came together, and I truly believe we created the perfect album for this comeback, as it is something we can look back on with no regrets.
HWICHAN: I think the concept fits us perfectly. The themes of liberation and freedom really reflect where we are as a group right now, which makes this album feel especially meaningful.
SEBIN: I felt that this album's concept of embracing the present moment and expressing a sense of freedom suits us really well.
For such a dynamic and diverse album, what experiences and emotions drove the creation of the tracks, the overall concept and the choreographies?
XEN: Traveling overseas more often has allowed me to experience environments I had never encountered before, and I think those experiences have become one of my biggest sources of inspiration.
KEVIN: As mentioned earlier, this album is about breaking limits and embracing freedom. I think the idea of pushing beyond the boundaries I've set for myself became one of the biggest inspirations behind creating this album.
YECHAN: During our OX:N promotions last year, I realized how much stress can come from feeling pressured and desperate. With this album, we wanted every member to enjoy the process, feel more at ease, and express the kind of confidence and charm that naturally comes when you let go just a little.
"UNCAPPED" opens with "Day Zero", a track focused on the idea of a new beginning, choosing to move forward with determination and energy rather than sadness for what's been left behind. What do you hope to discover or rediscover along this new path with the members and FOR X? Through your music, what story would you like to tell about yourselves?
HWICHAN: As OMEGA X, I want us to tell more honest and genuine stories through our music.
JEHYUN: I hope each of us discovers sides of ourselves that we haven't found yet, and that we can express those qualities freely in our own way without feeling constrained.
KEVIN: There are still so many things I want to experience as an idol with OMEGA X. I want to make more memories with our fans, and there are so many experiences we haven't had yet that I'd love to take on in the future.
"Cork" features a particularly striking wine metaphor. What inspired that idea, and how did it come together?
JAEHAN: I mainly focused on writing the melody. The beat had already been completed, and I felt that a bright yet dreamy melody would suit it best. That's how “Cork” came together in the end.
YECHAN: As we enter our fifth year as a group, I wanted to compare our growth and maturity to a fine wine. Keeping in mind that it was a four-member unit track, I wrote melodies and vocal ranges that I thought would best suit the members.
"Life Detox" explores the idea of letting go of the pursuit of perfection. Do you see this message as reflecting your own journey, both personally and creatively?
KEVIN: The world constantly pushes us to pursue perfection, but I don't think truly perfect people exist, but only people who appear to be perfect.
XEN: I think of myself as a perfectionist, and because of that, there are times when I struggle to finish things the way I want. Whenever that happens, I find comfort in listening to “Life Detox.” It's a great song, so I hope you'll give it lots of love.
YECHAN: Rather than being consumed by perfectionism, I think the most honest and genuine expressions come from capturing a moment of inspiration and expressing it boldly, almost like creating a single brushstroke without hesitation. That's the mindset I focused on while writing songs, letting those emotions and instincts guide the music.
You've always shared a very close bond with your fans. What's one moment with FOR X that you'll always remember fondly? And if you could dedicate one lyric from this album to them, which would it be and why?
JEHYUN: I think the moments we spend together are always the most precious. If I had to choose one lyric, it would be "Open it up, uncap, I'm ready" from our title track, "UNCAPPED". I chose it because we're ready to uncap ourselves, and I want to tell our fans, FOR X, to uncap too, embrace their freedom, and enjoy it together with us.
With this question, we conclude our interview with OMEGA X! Thank you guys, for sharing your world, your music, and your projects with us.
A huge thank you to OMEGA X and their entire staff! Please continue to support them and follow their music!
Until our next interview!
Oggi torniamo con degli ospiti davvero speciali, in collaborazione con i nostri amici di KST!
Questo potrebbe già darvi un indizio piuttosto importante su chi stiamo parlando, perché i nostri ospiti sono un gruppo proveniente dalla Corea del Sud.
Dopo più di due anni, sono recentemente tornati con il loro quarto mini album, "UNCAPPED". Questo comeback è particolarmente significativo, non solo per il ritorno tanto atteso, ma anche per quanto l'album rifletta le loro esperienze, la loro crescita e la loro creatività.
Ciò che rende questo nuovo capitolo ancora più speciale è il coinvolgimento dei loro fan, che hanno avuto un ruolo nel processo creativo, dalla scelta della title track fino alla decisione delle combinazioni delle unit. E, naturalmente, anche i membri hanno avuto un ruolo importante nella scrittura e nella composizione dei brani, rendendo questo album qualcosa di molto personale per il gruppo.
L'album trasmette un messaggio davvero potente: ripartire da zero, liberarsi da ciò che ci ha trattenuti, accettare le differenze reciproche e, alla fine, trovare la libertà semplicemente nell'essere se stessi.
Sembra davvero che il titolo rappresenti perfettamente il gruppo in questo momento: senza limiti, senza compromessi e pronto a mostrare al mondo ciò che sono diventati.
Con noi gli...OMEGA X!
Come sempre, diamo loro un caloroso benvenuto e godiamoci l'intervista!
UNCAPPED, il vostro quarto mini-album, è un mix di diversi generi musicali che si incontrano perfettamente con lo stile e il sound energico degli OMEGA X: quale traccia vi ha dato più soddisfazione realizzare, e perché? Quale fase del processo creativo di questo comeback avete apprezzato di più?
JAEHAN: Sono particolarmente soddisfatto di "Cork" e "Life Detox". Sono stati i brani più facili da realizzare per me, e sono molto felice del risultato. Più di ogni altra cosa, registrarle e lavorarci insieme agli altri membri mi ha lasciato tanti bellissimi ricordi.
XEN: Direi "Close to me", siccome è stata creata dai membri che si occupano più spesso della composizione e il risultato è ottimo. È la canzone di cui sono maggiormente soddisfatto.
YECHAN: Mi sono divertito di più a lavorare sulla title track. L'abbiamo creata da zero dopo aver valutato i brani candidati per la title track e, appena ho ascoltato la base strumentale senza le voci, ho subito pensato: "Questi sono gli OMEGA X".
Il titolo UNCAPPED fa pensare alla libertà e al superare ogni limite. Cosa rappresenta questa parola per voi oggi, sia in quanto artisti che come persone?
HWICHAN: Credo che trasmetta l'idea che, vivendo con maggiore libertà, ci si possa liberare del passato e trovare la felicità.
KEVIN: Per me, significa superare i limiti che ci si è posti da soli, andare oltre i propri confini e realizzare che si può volare ancora più in alto.
Il coinvolgimento dei FOR X nel processo creativo e il contributo dei membri nella scrittura e produzione delle tracce sono stati molto significativi questa volta. Qual è stata la sfida più grande che avete affrontato durante la realizzazione di questo comeback?
JAEHAN: Avevamo già una data fissa per il comeback, perciò la sfida più grande è stata completare l'album entro quella scadenza. Ad ogni modo, sono molto fiero del fatto che siamo riusciti a presentare qualcosa di cui siamo davvero soddisfatti.
XEN: Questo comeback non è stato facile da realizzare, perciò semplicemente cominciare (a lavorarci) è stata la parte più difficile. Ma sono orgoglioso di noi per essere riusciti a superare quelle sfide e a farcela tutti insieme.
YECHAN: Non avendo lavorato molto spesso con la musica elettronica prima d'ora, mi sono impegnato a esplorare il genere e ad ascoltare un’ampia varietà di riferimenti musicali consapevolmente.
Questo attesissimo comeback ha portato grande entusiasmo e gioia tra i FOR X: che cos'ha reso il vostro nuovo mini-album il progetto perfetto per tornare sulla scena dopo due anni di hiatus?
JAEHAN: Dopo due anni di pausa, abbiamo trascorso molto tempo a pensare a che tipo di album volevamo creare. Dopo numerose discussioni e riunioni, questo album ha preso forma, e credo veramente che abbiamo realizzato l'album perfetto per questo comeback, un progetto a cui potremo ripensare senza rimpianti.
HWICHAN: Credo che il concept sia perfetto per noi. I temi della liberazione e della libertà riflettono davvero dove ci troviamo come gruppo adesso, il che rende questo album particolarmente significativo.
SEBIN: Penso che il concept scelto per questo album, con un messaggio incentrato sul vivere appieno il presente e trasmettere un senso di libertà, si adatti davvero molto bene al nostro gruppo.
Per un album così dinamico e vario, quali forze ed emozioni vi hanno ispirato e spinto alla creazione delle tracce, del concept e delle coreografie?
XEN: Viaggiare all'estero più spesso mi ha permesso di conoscere ambienti in cui non sono mai stato prima, e credo che quelle esperienze siano diventate una delle mie più grandi fonti di ispirazione.
KEVIN: Come detto prima, il tema di questo album è superare i limiti e abbracciare la libertà. Penso che l'idea di spingersi oltre i limiti che mi sono imposto sia diventata una delle più grandi ispirazioni dietro alla realizzazione di questo album.
YECHAN: Durante le promozioni degli OX:N l'anno scorso, mi sono reso conto di quanto stress possa arrivare dalla pressione e dall'ansia/disperazione. Con questo album, abbiamo voluto che ogni membro si divertisse durante il lavoro, che si sentisse più a suo agio e che potesse esprimere quel tipo di fiducia in sé stesso e quel fascino che si mostra spontaneamente quando ci si lascia un po’ andare.
UNCAPPED si apre con "Day Zero", una traccia che tratta il tema della rinascita, la scelta di ricominciare da zero con grinta ed energia piuttosto che con la tristezza di aver perso qualcosa. Che cosa vorreste scoprire o riscoprire lungo questo nuovo cammino con i membri e i FOR X? Attraverso la vostra musica, che cosa vorreste raccontare di voi stessi?
HWICHAN: Come OMEGA X, vorrei che raccontassimo storie in modo più onesto e genuino attraverso la nostra musica.
JEHYUN: Spero che ciascuno di noi scopra lati di noi stessi che non abbiamo ancora trovato, e che possiamo esprimere quelle qualità liberamente a modo nostro senza sentirci limitati.
KEVIN: Ci sono ancora molte cose che vorrei vivere come idol insieme agli OMEGA X. Voglio creare più ricordi con i nostri fan e ci sono così tante esperienze che non abbiamo ancora vissuto e che mi piacerebbe fare in futuro.
"Cork" contiene una metafora sul vino particolarmente d'impatto. Cos'ha ispirato quell'idea e in che modo è stata realizzata?
JAEHAN: Mi sono concentrato principalmente sulla melodia. Il ritmo era già stato completato, e ho pensato che una melodia luminosa e sognante sarebbe stata quella più adatta. È così che è stata creata "Cork" alla fine.
YECHAN: Arrivati al quinto anno come gruppo, volevo paragonare la nostra crescita e maturità a un vino pregiato. Tenendo a mente che si trattava di una traccia per una sub-unit composta da quattro membri, ho lavorato su melodie e parti vocali che pensavo potessero adattarsi al meglio a ognuno di loro.
"Life Detox" esplora l’idea di abbandonare la ricerca della perfezione. Trovate che questo messaggio rifletta il vostro percorso, sia personalmente che a livello creativo?
KEVIN: Il mondo ci spinge costantemente verso la ricerca della perfezione, ma non credo che esistano persone veramente perfette, lo sono solo all'apparenza.
XEN: Mi considero un perfezionista e proprio per questo ci sono momenti in cui fatico a concludere le cose come vorrei io. Quando succede, trovo conforto ascoltando "Life Detox". È un brano molto bello, quindi spero che lo amiate tanto.
YECHAN: Piuttosto che lasciarsi consumare dal perfezionismo, penso che le espressioni più autentiche e genuine nascano dal cogliere un momento di ispirazione ed esprimerlo con decisione, quasi come tracciare una pennellata senza esitazione. Questo è il tipo di approccio su cui mi sono concentrato mentre scrivevo le canzoni, ho lasciato che quelle emozioni e l'istinto guidassero la musica.
Avete sempre condiviso un legame molto forte con i vostri fan. Qual è il momento con i FOR X che ricorderete per sempre con piacere? E se poteste dedicare loro un verso di questo album, quale scegliereste e perché?
JEHYUN: Credo che i momenti che trascorriamo insieme siano sempre i più preziosi. Se dovessi scegliere un verso, direi "Open it up, uncap, I'm ready" dalla title track, "UNCAPPED". L'ho scelta perché siamo pronti a liberarci dei nostri limiti e voglio dire ai nostri fan, i FOR X, di liberarsi anche dei loro, di abbracciare la libertà e di godersela insieme a noi.
Con questa domanda si conclude la nostra intervista con gli OMEGA X! Grazie ragazzi per aver condiviso con noi il vostro mondo, la vostra musica e i vostri progetti.
Un enorme grazie agli OMEGA X e a tutto il loro staff! Continuate a sostenerli e a seguire la loro musica!
Alla prossima intervista!
Photo credit: IPQ